The Media Ant – Associate Manager – Partnerships (Digital)
About The Media Ant :
– Media Ant is an 8-years-old media agency. Advertisers use TheMediaAnt.com to select, plan, and buy advertising space. For e.g. One can choose the right radio stations and digital advertising avenues in Delhi, prepare a plan based on the budget and then pay & book online.
– Media Ant site enables anyone with an internet connection to be able to create their own marketing plan and execute it. www.TheMediaAnt.com is also the world’s largest free online repository of media-related information.
– Through the use of technology and the right mix of online-offline support, Media Ant is able to help any brand execute its ad campaign irrespective of their spending size and geography.
– Media Ant is the winner of various startup awards including Economic Times Power of Ideas and Top Bootstrapped Startups in India.
What is the role of the Partnerships team in Media Ant ?
A team member in Partnerships has multifaceted roles and they are:
– Research & Tie-Up: Identifying new advertising options/mediums and forming tie-up with respective media owners. Also, enriching the data of existing advertising option listed on The Media Ant
– Negotiation and Execution: Building a thorough understanding of the advertising medium so that it enables in negotiating towards the right price and smooth execution of marketing campaigns on such advertising mediums
– Product Improvement: Working in collaboration with the Product team to drive improvement for the selected media vertical
– Communication: Effective communication with media owners and internal team members so that there are smooth execution and good relationship
– Partnerships team is divided into multiple media verticals (total of 9 as of now) such as Digital, Radio, Television, Outdoor, etc.
– Responsibility of the Partnerships team involves finding the vendors (Media owners), getting media related information from them (rates, images, reach, etc.), listing them on the site, and updating this data on regular intervals.
– The role also involves negotiating with these vendors when we are buying media from them.
– For e,g: Partnerships team would find the point of contact for Auto advertising in Bhopal, get rates and images from them, and list it on the site. The listing involves working with the product team and suggesting the best ways to showcase data for the users.
– Every six months they would check with the vendor(s) on any rate change.
– Now, Flipkart decides to advertise in Autos in Bhopal through The Media Ant. Partnerships team would get in touch with the vendors, negotiate a discount, get ads(creative) from Flipkart, and share it with the vendors. Once the campaign is live, the Partnerships team gets in touch with vendors, collect pictures as proof of execution, and share it with the client.
Role of Manager, Team Partnerships :
– Handles 2-3 media verticals (e.g. Digital, Newspaper, and Non-Trad)
– Owns data for these media verticals
– Delivers Business numbers
– Manages a team of 2-4 Associate Managers in the Partnerships Team
– The everyday job involved – Manager Team Partnerships
– Sets weekly objectives for his/her team
– New vendor acquisition
– Data updating
– Rate benchmark
– Campaign execution and managing profitability
– Manages the projects arising out of objective setting
– Be a part of these projects in an individual capacity. For e.g: If there are 20 new vendors to be on-boarded, the Manager should be responsible for getting at least 3-4 vendors himself/herself
– Runs cross-functional projects
– Training the team
– Monitoring execution and ensuring profitability
– Academic Qualification : MBA with 1+ years of work experience
– Work experience requirement
– Candidate with a background in vendor onboarding/listing that involved talking to the vendors would be preferred (IndiaMart, JustDial, etc)
– eCommerce marketplace like Snapdeal, Flipkart, Uber Eats, Swiggy, Qtrove, etc. where vendors are on-boarded and listed are good examples of such companies
– Worked at Event management companies handling various parts of events
Other important skills and traits required to succeed in this role and The Media Ant, general:
1. Quick learner
3. Good at email and verbal communication in English
4. Comfortable with basic arithmetic
Offered Salary₹ 300000 - ₹ 500000
Experience1 year - 3 years
Function AreaRelationship Management